Bonus Recipe: Earth-friendly stir-fry
Check out this bonus earth-friendly recipe that will nourish both vegans and non-vegans.
• Cooking oil • 1 block of tofu, cut into smaller rectangular pieces (~250-300g) • Half an onion, roughly chopped • 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely • 5 mushrooms, sliced (I am using Meadow Mushrooms’ fresh shiitake mushroom) • A handful of cashew nuts • 3 tablespoons soy sauce • 3 tablespoons of Lime, Coriander, and Chilli Jam • Salad greens of your choice • 2 portions of soba noodles, cooked according to package instructions. • Sesame seeds • Lime wedge
1) In a deep pan, add cooking oil (just enough to cover the base of your pan). Pan fry tofu.
Remove from pan when edges are slightly browned.
2) In the same pan, with remaining oil, add chopped onion and garlic. Stir-fry over medium heat for a minute or two.
3) Add sliced mushroom and cashew nuts, and stir-fry for another minute.
4) Add soy sauce and Lime, Coriander, and Chilli Jam. Stir-fry for another minute.
5) Add pre-fried tofu and toss it around before turning off the heat.
6) Serve with salad greens and soba noodles, and garnish with sesame seeds and a lime wedge.
Melissa Koh is a third year BA student double majoring in Culinary Arts and English & New Media. Follow her dining and cooking adventures on Instagram: @melicacy.