• 3/4 cup unsweetened smooth peanut butter • 1/4 cup golden syrup • 1/4 cup soft brown sugar • 1/3 cup coconut oil • 1 1/2 cup whole wheat rolled oats • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds • 1/4 cup shredded coconut • 1/3 cup dried apricot, chopped into small bits • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
1) Prepare a 2L-sized rectangular container or lunch box, covering the bottom and sides with baking paper to prevent sticking.
2) Lightly toast whole wheat rolled oats in a pan for approximately.
3 minutes, stirring continuously over low heat. No oil is needed. Be careful not to burn them!
3) Remove toasted rolled oats from pan and set aside in a large bowl.
4) Toast sunflower seeds in the same pan over low heat for approximately 1 minute. 5) In the same bowl with the toasted rolled oats, combine toasted sunflower seeds, chopped dried apricot, shredded coconut, and chia seeds. Set aside.
6) In a small pot, add peanut butter, coconut oil, golden syrup, and brown sugar. Heat mixture over medium-low heat till everything is melted and well incorporated. This will take approximately 3 minutes.
7) Remove pot from heat, and pour over dry ingredients prepared earlier and combine mixture with a spoon or spatula.
8) Spread mixture evenly over prepared lined container. Allow the mixture to cool for at least 5 minutes before refrigerating. It will take approximately 3 hours to set, best to let it set overnight!
9) After removing from the refrigerator, slice into desired size and pack them in individual baking paper.
Optional: Break up the energy bar into smaller pieces and dress it up with Greek yoghurt, honey, and chia seed for an energy-booster dessert!